tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <>
Subject Re: http 302 issue on tomcat 4.0.1
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 18:10:37 GMT
> It seems like there are only a few things we can do about this:
> 1. Call the servlet, buffer its output, and see if it is an error.  If
> it is an error, try the next file in the welcome list.  If not, use it.
>  This relies on servlets honoring this convention.  It also slows down
> throughput.
> 2. API change or some kind of convention for the servlet to tell the
> container that the servlet can handle the path given.  This seems icky.
> 3. Decide bug 9016 behavior is by design, and wait for the spec to
> clarify how to implement the behavior wanted in bug 9016.

I'd vote 3 if we want to implement the clarification of the upcoming spec,
since I don't think it can be implemented. If we choose to support only
"physical" resources, we should be able to implement what you suggested
(using getResource).
Some experimentation will be needed to see how it really works in practice,
obviously :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message