tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump failures
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:03:30 GMT
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
> >
> > The TC nightly builds from Gump have been failing for a while because of
> > MX4J, which is apparently failing because some custom Ant task cannot be
> > found.
>
> Xdoclet changed the package names for their classes without deprecation.
>   MX4J still uses the old names.
>
> > Is someone trying to fix it ?
>
> Stefan Bodewig has been tracking this.
>
> > So far, Gump has failed to generate a single nightly for TC 4.1. That's
> > not too good :-(

> 1) Work with the Xdoclet team to convince them of the need of deprecation.
>
> 2) Work with the MX4J team to encourage them to keep up.
>
> 3) Use Sun's JMX.

Thanks for the details Sam. It looked to me like a Gump limitation with Ant
tasks handling, or something like it.

Using 3) is not an option, as the JMX implementation must be shipped with
the build, and the JMX RI has big problems in the licensing area.

1) and 2) look like good solutions, but they will obviously teake some time.

Remy