tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net URL.java
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 04:30:47 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <billbarker@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-connectors-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 10:34 PM
Subject: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net URL.java

> billbarker    2002/06/13 22:34:23
>
>   Modified:    util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net URL.java
>   Log:
>   Teach URL how to parse userInfo.
>
>   This allows URL to parse a string of the form:
>   ftp://user:pass@ftp.mycompany.com/
>
>   This actually doesn't fix any Tomcat problems (assuming that the string
is correct to start with), and this class is only used by TC33. I just sleep
easier if the URL is parsed correctly.

I have no objection to applying this to o.a.c.u.URL (this is just a
re-packaged version of that class).  However, with Remy doing so many
releases, I thought I should ask before hacking the 4.x files. ;-)  Like
with 3.3 it seems that 4.x ignores the resulting (in the current code)
MalformedURLException (from the ':'), and passes on the original URL string.
As such (like in 3.3) it doesn't "fix" anything functionally.