tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] RegisterNatives
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 19:37:09 GMT

The apr_initialize is IMO intended to be the pool container for the
entire process life.
The concept of subpools is meant to be used for inproc restarting like
Apache do. There is no need to that with
apr_initialize/apr_terminate.
But if the Filter or Extension start is unique call to the dll then it's
matter of choice I think.

Consecutive calls to apr_initialize only increments the reference count,
and to call the 'true' apr_terminate that count must be 1.

MT.