tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Committer access and responsibilities...
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 01:52:24 GMT
-1

If someone doesn't want to be involved in the voting - he can do exaclty
that, abstain. If someone doesn't want to support a particular release -
he can abstain from the release vote( or vote +-0 ).

If you spend time and write code for a project and are willing to
maintain/support - and if the people on the project vote you in,
you have the same rights as all the other people on that project.

I do agree ( and I advocated for this a lot ) on lowering ( or
eliminating) the walls between projects, so jakarta commiters can commit
code in any jakarta project ( subject to the normal project rules ).
Some people didn't agree with that even for commons, and I accepted the
fact.

If you are a commiter - you have the same rights with all other commiters.
If you don't want to exercise some rights - it's your choice.

Costin