tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Committer Dan Sandberg
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 02:04:24 GMT
On Fri, 24 May 2002, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> > If you want my advice - create a sourceforge account, do all the work
> > on SSI there, and have fun. ( and maybe give access to other
> > tomcat commiters who are interested to work on SSI ).
>
> Very constructive, Costin, indeed... See my next email (at least I'm trying
> to propose something)...

I believe I proposed something as well.

Sourceforge is an excelent place to write code and have fun.

And you can make the projects as open as you want and have the
same technical resources ( or more ).

There are quite a few projects there that are doing pretty
well ( JBoss ? ). I'm playing with ant-contrib and cpptasks
right now, they even have a nice community.

I think Coyote started as a sf project as well ( Remy ? )
Same for Cactus, etc.

Costin