tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From TMo...@s-s-t.com
Subject Re: request
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 23:34:54 GMT

Wait, I found the bugzilla thing.

I guess I'll submit via that.

thanks
troy

                      TMotte@s-s-t.com

                                               To:      "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                      05/01/2002 06:33         cc:

                      PM                       Subject: request

                      Please respond

                      to "Tomcat

                      Developers List"

Hi:

I apologize for crossposting, and I probably shouldn't be on here since I'm
not a committer or whatever it's called, but I posted a similar request to
the user list and they ignored it, so:

#1 The startup scripts for tomcat assume the existence of
  $CATALINA_HOME/temp
  $CATALINA_HOME/logs

These don't exist in the install directory, and so I spent several hours
figuring as much out, especially the temp part. So I think it would be
helpful to put these directories in the zip/gzip/etc downloads so that
future users don't have to deal with such.

#2 This is much simpler - I had to change the catalina.sh script because it
wasn't properly handling variable settings for Cygwin. I'd like for this
change to be made permanent so I don't have to do deal with it again when I
download a future release. Here's a diff:

99,102c99,104
<   JAVA_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JAVA_HOME"`
<   CATALINA_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_HOME"`
<   CLASSPATH=`cygpath --path --windows "$CLASSPATH"`
<   JSSE_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JSSE_HOME"`
---
>   JAVA_HOME=`      cygpath --path --windows "$JAVA_HOME"`
>   CATALINA_HOME=`  cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_HOME"`
>   CLASSPATH=`      cygpath --path --windows "$CLASSPATH"`
>   JSSE_HOME=`      cygpath --path --windows "$JSSE_HOME"`
>   CATALINA_BASE=`  cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_BASE"`
>   CATALINA_TMPDIR=`cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_TMPDIR"`

That's all.

Troy

For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org