tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Corley" <Jason.Cor...@togethersoft.com>
Subject RE: ant tasks for 3.3
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 15:09:03 GMT

That does make sense since the xerces.jar in my path is 1.4 and the ant 1.5b1 uses xerces
2.  So I took the xerces JAR out of my classpath and it spit out "java.lang.NoClassDefFound
error: org/xml/sax/SAXException".  I added the xmlParserAPIs.jar from the 1.5b1 ant binary
distribution and I also downgraded to JDK 1.3.1_03.  Same error. :-(  The odd thing is it
seems to get about 1/4 of the way through the process before crapping out.
Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Wannamaker [mailto:Keith@Wannamaker.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 11:31 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: RE: ant tasks for 3.3

Hmm, you might try taking xerces out the CLASSPATH property
if there is already one in {ant.home}/lib

I would guess there are two copies of an XML provider in
your classpath.. are you using JDK1.4?  I did a google on
this error and apparently it comes up a lot.

Keith

sure if I'm doing something wrong
| or if there is an incompatibility somewhere.  I have the tomcat 3.3a RPMs installed, and
I'm using ant 1.5b1.  My
| build.xml (I added the line breaks on the CLASSPATH variable for readability -- it isn't
in the actual file) is as follows: