tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apache2Makefile
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 08:09:25 GMT
>Ok. ( plus ant )

of course ;)

>But I'm not sure I understand why do we need automake - if autoconf
>can generate only the build.properties file ( and probably a .h ).

I think automake was used to generate the stuff for static build
but I removed now.

>The makefile and ant should read the build.properties to get settings
>to use ( and that will also allow manual config ).

Do you agree having build.properties generated by autoconf ?

>I would like more info on what is autoconf detecting - and make sure
>we don't duplicate stuff that was detected by apache ( and end up with
>different settings for apache and jk ). In general, I would like the
>2 'styles' work togheter - and the user is able to specify
>it's explicit
>preferences in build.properties-style, and autoconf will just
>guess the
>rest.

I'll commit today the new autoconf stuff, remove automake and
you could see that the autoconf is really simple (apxs/apr src/apr inc,lib)

>It is very common to build the .so on a system and deploy it on another
>system ( the production server is not a build machine in most cases ),
>and I want to be sure the user can contol explicitely what options are
>used.

For sure, as an rpm packager it's one of my primary concern