tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Vicious Abuse? (an outsiders perspective)
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 17:57:53 GMT
"Anthony W. Marino" <anthony@AWMObjects.com> wrote:

>> I've been following along with this/these rather ridiculous thread's).
>>
>> No, I am not a committer, so you can hit the delete key now if you judge
>> people by their status.
>>
>> IMHO, giving someone a -1 is one of the rudest things I have seen on this
>> list in quite a while.
>> What is most surprising to me, is how you stuck to your ignorant opinion,
>> even after so many others were willing to vote them in.
>
> Isn't that part of the democracy of this process...call it as you see it???
> As long as you can qualify/backup your statements then I see nothing wrong
> with it.  In fact, I appreciate/welcome it as long as it is handled
> professionally and with an open mind such as Pier has demonstrated.
> Apparently Dan, too, has expressed his acceptance of Pier's thoughts!

Thank you, and I would like to close the "vote" issue here, I believe that
my vote had all the rights to be expressed. I don't use SSI, I don't know
what's wrong with it, I don't know absolutely anything about the guy who is
being proposed to fix those problems. Once he gave me his idea on how things
were, and what he wanted to do with, I suddenly changed my vote, before the
end of the ballot (3 days after proposal), and welcomed him open arms...

I don't think that saying "hold on one second, stop this thing for a while
because I don't really get it" and then "ah, ok, cool, I'm fine with it"
means being rude... Sorry if someone perceived it somehow differently.

    Pier

--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion of different
sublanguages in  one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C with