tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject [Kin-Man] Jasper compiling wrong stuff in the wrong place...
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 10:54:38 GMT
When I touch the "clsr.jsp" jsp example with Tomcat 4.0.4 (and before),
Jasper tries to compile also the bean associated with it (although it wasn't
modified)... My only problem is that it tries to compile it in the /WEB-INF/
directory of the application (and it doesn't have permissions to write
there), so, at the end, it's just throwing me a 500 error...

Any clue on why Jasper should be trying to compile a .java into the
WEB-INF/classes directory? I mean, even if it is javac trying to do that,
giving it the -d parameter, it should always write anything in the work
directory, right?

    Pier