tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: [Coyote] Coyote 1.0b9 release notice
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 23:48:27 GMT
on 5/10/02 4:42 PM, "costinm@covalent.net" <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> Well, it is a result of the new threading in the sense that now it is
> possible to not block. If you want to bock there - it is quite easy to
> code this :-)
>
> I think returning 503 is a correct behavior too - it means 'resource
> temporary unavailable, try later' - which is exactly the case. Apache
> should return the same result if it can't connect to tomcat.
>
> Costin

Even if it is correct behavior in a technical sense, it isn't from a user
sense since users don't care or know what a 503 is.

Why not just block until the resource is available?

I personally consider this a bug since this is changed behavior from every
single previous release of Tomcat.

So, could you please code it up if it is easy?

-jon