tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/support buildconf.sh
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 10:08:35 GMT
"GOMEZ Henri" <hgomez@slib.fr> wrote:

> Urg,
>
> making autoconf 2.52 a strict mimimum will avoid building
> on allmost all recent Linux distributions, which are still
> 2.12/2.13 based ;(

Autoconf is _only_ required when building straight out of CVS, you can
always use nightlies, which have the already-autoconfed "configure" script.

It's a PITA, but there are so many changes between 2.1x and 2.5x that
maintaining if for both will be a major pain in the neck...

Otherwise, we can always check-in the configure script (now I hear Jon
screaming out loud :)

    Pier