tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat 4 System.err/System.out logging
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 17:31:20 GMT
I have taken the org.apache.jasper.util.SystemLogHandler Remy wrote
and put it in org.apache.tomcat.util.log.SystemLogHandler.

I refactored it so that the PrintStreams and Byte arrays are recycle.
Plus implemented a stack so that there can be nested usage.

Finally, I implemented it in Tomcat 4 so that any System.out or System.err
output generated when handling a request is sent to the appropriate
web application context log.

Remy, you may want to switch jasper2 over to using this, then remove
org.apache.jasper.util.SystemLogHandler.

Glenn