tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Neravati <Raja_Nerav...@kaleconsultants.com>
Subject Problem while retreiving Client Certificate
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 10:04:02 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 4.0.3 with Apache 1.3.24 on Redhat Linux 7.1. For SSL, I
have configured Apache with mod_ssl & the connector I am using is
mod_webapp. The SSL Connection is successfully done. I have a servlet on
Tomcat which is expecting a Client Certificate. I have made "SSLVerifyClient
-- True" & it accepts client certificate at SSL Handshake.

I am using the following code to retreive the certificate from servlet
running on Tomcat

Object certReqObject =
request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");
I have downloaded the WarpConnector source. In WarpRequest.java, the
certificate object is set to null if any exception occurs.
Can any one help me where I am going wrong. I am using trial Server
certificate which we automatically get while configuring Apache with SSL.
The certificate entry in httpd.conf is as follows
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key
SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth  10