tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher K. St. John" <...@distributopia.com>
Subject Re: Using NIO package for Tomcat connector?
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 15:37:03 GMT
"Setera, Craig" wrote:

> Using NIO would lower the number of required threads and
> buffers/objects that would need to be created.

 The core servlet model can't really be converted to
using non-blocking I/O. The whole point is that your
servlet gets its own thread. On the other hand, other
servlet containers have been doing things like using
NIO to watch idle persistent connections, and there
look to be great opportunities for improving standalone
Tomcat's performance in sending static files.

 There are some threads in the tomcat-dev archives you
might want to check out.

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com