tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Anand Bashyam Narasimhan <ana...@digitalthink.com>
Subject HttpProcessor working
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 10:28:23 GMT
All,

This is my current understanding of the HttpProcessor object. The Connector
creates a new HttpProcessor(or pops from the stack the first available
Processor) and then Processor runs as a different thread.

Consider that I make a HttpURLConnection to a servlet running on Tomcat4.
And after I write/read from the stream of this Connection and do not close
or disconnect from the connection. Does this mean that the processor will be
alive till I do this. I read in the HttpProcessor command that the object
looks for the "closure" of the connection to recycle properly.

On a unix environment,if the above is the case where the thread processing
the request is very much alive...and if the user starting "tomcat" has a
limit on the processes that it can create will tomcat not respond after that
process limit has been acheived? I would think so but I've not had a cursory
look at the implementation.

Anand