tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject [Jasper2] New compiler
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 18:00:02 GMT
I think the new Ant compiler is done; it builds only the class which has to
be built, does not use a giant sync lock (testing with the frameset in the
admin webapp showed good results), and correctly captures the compilation
error messages.

As usual, only the error messages output from javac can be parsed and
displayed as line numbers.

The abality to select a compiler other than Ant's default (classic javac on
JDK 1.2, modern javac on JDK 1.3 and 1.4) is not implemented yet.

However, I went through the code for compiler handling, and it is a lot more
complex than it should be. I plan to remove all of it, and relying on Ant to
select the right compiler. After that, I'll fix JspC.

Remy