tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler Compiler.java
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 05:53:08 GMT
> But I have one question. When the dust settles will I still
> be able to configure and use jikes as an external JSP java
> source compiler?

Looking at the source in Ant, I think if you put "jikes" as the "compiler"
parameter, and put the Jikes executable in your path (Ant doesn't support
specifying the compiler path), it should work.

That's the theory; I don't know how well it works in practice ;-)

Part 4 of the refactoring is removing the now useless classes and
interfaces.
Part 5 is making JspC work again :)

Note: I noticed the Ant compiler only works with Ant 1.5, so be sure to use
Ant 1.5 Beta 1.

Remy