tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [4.1.1] Abandon milestone
Date Sun, 12 May 2002 06:27:33 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2002 4:15 PM
Subject: [4.1.1] Abandon milestone

> Because of the JSP reloading bug found in Jasper 2, I plan to abandon the
> 4.1.1 milestone, and release a 4.1.2 milestone soon to replace it.
>
> Comments ?

I'm not completely up to date on Jasper2 (I may back-port the finallies to
3.3.x at some point, but at the moment that's the only change I care about),
but my understanding is that the "bug" is nothing more than the default
value of an attribute not being backwards compatible.  Now, the 4.1.x
release scheme allows you to release 4.1.2 just to change this, but since
4.1.x is still "early access", you can achieve the same affect by
broadcasting the attribute on the tomcat-dev and tomcat-user lists. As such,
I can't get more enthusiastic than +0.