tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Coyote] Coyote 1.0b9 release notice
Date Sat, 11 May 2002 00:06:28 GMT
> on 5/10/02 4:42 PM, "costinm@covalent.net" <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:
>
> > Well, it is a result of the new threading in the sense that now it is
> > possible to not block. If you want to bock there - it is quite easy to
> > code this :-)
> >
> > I think returning 503 is a correct behavior too - it means 'resource
> > temporary unavailable, try later' - which is exactly the case. Apache
> > should return the same result if it can't connect to tomcat.
> >
> > Costin
>
> Even if it is correct behavior in a technical sense, it isn't from a user
> sense since users don't care or know what a 503 is.
>
> Why not just block until the resource is available?
>
> I personally consider this a bug since this is changed behavior from every
> single previous release of Tomcat.
>
> So, could you please code it up if it is easy?

I changed the order of things a bit (there was a bug I had missed, which
caused the connector to be started before the rest of the pipeline, which
wasn't how it happened in the old connector), so it should behave a bit more
like the old HTTP/1.1 connector now.

I think we should add an initialize method on the endpoint, so that it is
possible to start the server socket separately from starting the connector.

Remy