tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat 4 System.err/System.out logging
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 18:53:44 GMT
> I have taken the org.apache.jasper.util.SystemLogHandler Remy wrote
> and put it in org.apache.tomcat.util.log.SystemLogHandler.
>
> I refactored it so that the PrintStreams and Byte arrays are recycle.
> Plus implemented a stack so that there can be nested usage.
>
> Finally, I implemented it in Tomcat 4 so that any System.out or System.err
> output generated when handling a request is sent to the appropriate
> web application context log.
>
> Remy, you may want to switch jasper2 over to using this, then remove
> org.apache.jasper.util.SystemLogHandler.

This looks good. Originally, I had put it in j-t-c/util/log as you did, but
at the moment Jasper 2 can't depend on stuff from j-t-c/util. (Jasper JARs
are
in common/lib, while j-t-c/util is in server/lib)
Given that there's a lot of unprotected static methods in there, I would see
it
as a possible security risk to move it to common/lib.

Remy