tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "John Trollinger" <jaka...@trollingers.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat WebDav servlet and webapp properties
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 15:43:22 GMT
Yeah.. It might.. Can you send it over to me..

jtrollinger@automatedlogic.com

Thanks,

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Sharples [mailto:nick@runtime-collective.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 10:27 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: Re: Tomcat WebDav servlet and webapp properties

John Trollinger writes:
 > I admit that what I am trying to do is a hack up front, but any help
> would be great.  >
 > I am trying make the webdav servlet that comes with tomcat like ftp
over  > port 80.

 > What we want to do is allow people to change files for any webapp  >
deployed by connecting to the webdav webapp.  The problem we are having
> is how fool the webdav servlet into using a different path.  >
 > For example take a look at the following directory structure  >
 > Tomcat
 >  --> webapps
 > 	--> appone
 > 	  --> directoryone
 > 	--> apptwo
 > 	--> webdav
 >
 > We want the webdav servlet be able to be configured so that it uses
the  > tomcat/webapps/appone/directoryone as the root path when
connected to by  > a webdav client.  >
 > Is this even posible.

I hacked up a WebDav solution to a *person webfolder* requirement we had
alittle while ago. It's not that clever, all it does is authenticate the
user and take them to a personal WebDav folder under the WebDav context.
It's a complete hack and not exactly what your after but mail me if you
think it would help.

..Nick