tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Fonzé [benja.be] <be...@benja.be>
Subject RE: Implementation of the sessions
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 07:32:13 GMT
Thanks a lot for your answer.

I read these documents.
But there are not a lot of details.

I use session with SSL, and all I can obtain is :

-----
"SRV.7.1.2 SSL Sessions
Secure Sockets Layer, the encryption technology used in the HTTPS
protocol, has a
mechanism built into it allowing multiple requests from a client to be
unambiguously identified as being part of a session. A servlet container
can easily
use this data to define a session."
-----

What is that mechanism ?

Benja.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bojan Smojver [mailto:bojan@rexursive.com]
Sent: mardi 21 mai 2002 2:01
To: Tomcat Dev List
Subject: Re: Implementation of the sessions

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 01:34, Benjamin Fonzé [benja.be] wrote:

> So I suppose it’s URL rewriting, but I don’t see some variables
> transmitted… like page.jsp?SESSION_INFO=

It's called 'jsessionid' and it gets there by explicit encoding of the
URL. You should check the Java Servlet Specification, which is a public
document available from Sun and Java Servlet API documentation (also
available from Sun), which explains how it's actually used.

Bojan

For additional commands, e-mail: