tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: logrotate and tomcat 3.3/4.0/4.1
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:15:40 GMT
On the java side ?

I think we should just use commons-logging, and the admin/
or manager/ or some other ( java-based code ) to control
the underlying logger ( which should probably default to log4j
when somebody has the time to do this ).

There is no need to complicate things with -HUP and java - it
isn't difficult ( I even started to work on that in the jk jni
code ), but it would be much cleaner/portable/etc to just use
java mechanisms.

( of course, JMX is a good choice - and log4j does support JMX )

Costin