tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apach e2 mod_jk.dsp
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:46:07 GMT
On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

> > What you can do is start with jk_service_iis.c ( based on
> > jk_service_apache13 ) - and move the few methods related with
> > request.
> >

> Mind Reading?? this is done already :) not committed but done, mainly
> refactoring existing ISAPI code, that does not change in between jk
> versions..

IMHO you should commit - even if it doesn't work ( or brakes the
builds :-).

> Well one can run tomcat without service, i'm in favor of the alternative
> method we have now, that is just another properties file near the
> extension DLL, it makes installation much more manageable and easy than
> registry.. but im open to evrything..

Sure - it's not exclusive.

What I'm saying is that we should try to minimize the the ammount of user
interaction, if a certain info is available then use it.

In this case - we have code to read the registry, and in some cases
we may find the location of tomcat and apache (for mod_jk _ from the
service key. It doesn't cost too much to do the test.

If not found - we can use other means, like a jk-specific key. What I
would like to do is implement jk_config interface for the registry,
and expose it from both jk and java.

> Well the problem, is that having the Filter and the extesion together,
> we can not use the automatic thread handling code that IIS has for
> extensions, because the extension code is loaded by the filter that
> executes in the main IIs threads, spliting it, you can leave IIS to
> manage the service threads for the extension automatically..

You're the expert :-)

> > Let me know if you need help - I will try to do some refactoring to
> > extract the code dealing with the registry ( into
> > common/jk_config_registry ) and let both tomcat and mod_jk2 use it.
> > If you want I can do a quick refactoring and put the new stuff
> > in - to get it started.
> >

> Please do it.. This way i can better use my very limited apache time..

After you commit the jk_service_isapi, I don't want to duplicate
that.

Costin