tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apach e2 mod_jk.dsp
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:34:13 GMT
On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

> IIS.., well the differences between jk and jk2 are so high, my first try
> was lost in the way to adapt the existing ISAPI code,  next i will try
> to use mod_jk2 as base to start, adding IIS things along the way..

It's mostly a matter of removing stuff - most of the code
moved to common/, it shouldn't be too much server-specific code.

What you can do is start with jk_service_iis.c ( based on
jk_service_apache13 ) - and move the few methods related with
request.

Then remove almost everything from isapi.c - all you need is to
get ( from registry ? or env ? ) the location of tomcat ( I would
try both - please note that you probably have it already in
the tomcat service key - reusing that is the best choice !).

That's it. Configuration should use workers2.properties, from
tomcat.home/conf.

If you find any extra code that could be usefull - try to
move it in common/, but don't leave it in isapi.

If you want to have fun - you can also implement jk_log_nt to
send the logs to the iis-specific thing ( windows events ? ).

> BTW: In the process of rewriting isapi_redirector, and based on
> conversations we had in the past, i'm toward to refactor the isapi
> redirector , splitting it in 2 dlls, this way i think we can gain
> scalability with a very little effort, at the cost of a little more
> complicated installation, being the installation more than a pain
> already, i'm in doubt..

I don't think you need 2 dlls. Just one big dll including everything
should be fine. ( don't forget the jni/ directory ).

2 files - yes, one with only initialization ( with the major goal
of finding the conf/ dir ), one for service.

( unless there's a problem having a dll as both filter and handler )

Let me know if you need help - I will try to do some refactoring to
extract the code dealing with the registry ( into
common/jk_config_registry ) and let both tomcat and mod_jk2 use it.
If you want I can do a quick refactoring and put the new stuff
in - to get it started.

Costin