tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Building modapp for Tomcat4.0 and apache1_3.23
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:52:01 GMT
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Probably you even do not need 20 Oses to get a PITA... Because there are always
> more than one compiler per OS.
>
> Libtool also has history: it "supports" old versions of OSes and compilers...

Ant just calls libtool - if libtool works, ant will also work.

The difference is that instead of writing complex Makefiles you write ant
files ( probably also complex, but many people here use ant most of the
time - and not 'portable' make).

In JK2 I'm trying to support both "GNU make + libtool"  and "ant +
libtool" - but I won't touch any other make variant, things are just too
ugly.

Costin