tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat build.xml
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:37:28 GMT
On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Larry Isaacs wrote:

> Hi Costin,
>
> I'm curious as to the reason to have connectors_util.jar instead
> of just using the tomcat-utils.jar built by j-t-c/util?

We have 2 'sets' of utils - one in j-t-c/util, one in j-t.
We also have 2 lib dirs - lib/common and lib/container.

The way we used to split the utils - we put minimal stuff in common,
and that was core_utils and connector_utils. That's how 3.3.0/3.3.1
are doing it.

I'm +1 to change to a single tomcat-util.jar in common, but
that requires few fixes in xml-mapper ( actually in startup, to
make xml-mapper find the thread loader pointing to container ).
It also requires another review of the utils/ from security
point of view - whatever is in common must be safe, since
it'll be exposed to untrusted apps.

Costin