tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: make path relative to server root in mod_jk2
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 17:43:24 GMT
On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> It would be nice to have /usr/local/apache/conf/jk2.properties when httpd is
> configured to be in /usr/local/apache (instead of /conf/jk2.properties in the
> son processes...).
>
> My first idea is to add makeRoot() in jk_ws_service_t. But I have the problem
> that apache needs a pool (not a jk_pool) to call ap_server_root_relative().
> Where could I get the pool?

First, if you look in apache2/mod_jk.c, you'll find a "serverRoot"
variable we set at init time ( with ap_server_root ). That is supposed to
be used to resolve relative paths.

Right now $(serverRoot)/conf/jk2.properties should work, and in time we
can change all code that uses paths to check if it's relative and do it
automatically.
Personally I would like 'full paths', using a base variable - it's much
easier to read/understand, but both should work.

For the second question, if 'apr pools' are used to implement the jk_pool
interface ( i.e. you are in apache2 env ) you can get the reference to the
'native' pool using jk_pool->_private;
( we probably need a way to detect this is indeed an apr_pool - like a
'type' in the jk_pool ).
Eventually we'll have a jk_pool implemented on top of apache1.3 pools ( to
get this working on apache1.3 ), and other servers don't need it.

Costin