tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: CoyoteRequest: the socket
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 16:45:34 GMT
On 5 Apr 2002, Eric Rescorla wrote:

> "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org> writes:
> > > On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> > > I have big doubts the code that calls getSocket() can even work with ajp
> > > or pureTLS or other things. Probably a good idea to find where it is and
> > > call the right thing ( like getAttribute for certs, etc ).
> >
> > I'm not sure about it, but it doesn't look like client-cert would work with
> > PureTLS.

> Hmm... I need to dig into this. Why do you think it wouldn't?

The way it works - the connector ( or protocol handler ) creates the
socket, using plain, jsse, pureTLS. And Remy is saying that some othe
valves are calling getSocket() and use the socket/JSSE to  extract info (
I assume using JSSE specific code).

That is going to fail if PureTLS or Ajp are used.

But I don't think we can do anything about it - the method must be
deprecated and the code that calls it must be changed to call the right
methods ( req.getAttribute() or similar ).

BTW, with the new protocol handler - I still haven't implemented the
ActionCode to support req.getAttribute. I need a way to pass information
up ( all existing ActionCode are passing info from connector to protocol,
and I need a way to return info ).

After Remy reviews the o.a.t.util.handler.TcHandlerContext, I plan to
use the context as a second param in the ActionHook - and use notes to
pass/return all informations we need.

Costin