tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: CoyoteRequest: the socket
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 23:03:42 GMT
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Some valves in the Catalina pipeline use that.
>
> It probably should be done at the protocol layer, but I can't do that for
> compatibility reasons, so I think the socket should be set as a note in the
> Request object (as is suggested in the commented out code in the HTTP/1.1
> protocol handler).

Ok. I hope the code can deal with 'no socket' case - since in Ajp case
the socket is completely useless.

I have big doubts the code that calls getSocket() can even work with ajp
or pureTLS or other things. Probably a good idea to find where it is and
call the right thing ( like getAttribute for certs, etc ).

> > - Any reason for not extending HttpBaseRequest ?
>
> You mean HttpRequestBase in Catalina ?
> This object's implementation is bad, and I wanted to deprecate it to make
> that obvious. There's little code duplication overall.
> There's also no ugly casts to the XXBase objects in the Catalina pipeline
> (everthing uses the interfaces), so it works fine.
>
> I'll do a CoyoteConnector2 for Catalina soon too to see how it works.
> Probably tomorrow.

Ok, what about CoyoteConnector3 ? I already started with 2 :-)

( but I'll start working on Jk if you do the Connector )

Costin