tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Arvind Srinivasan" <arvind.sriniva...@sun.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core StandardPipeline.java
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:10:27 GMT
Hi Remy,

I think the performance related change that you made to StandardPipeline can
be improved upon in that it can avoid using a HashMap to store/retrieve the
pipeline stage and instead simply store/retrieve it from an integer variable
in the RequestBase class. Since this codepath (StandardPipeline.invokeNext)
is executed many times per request, replacing the request.getNote() call
with something like request.getPipelineStage() will benefit performance.
I've attached a patch that implements this suggestion.

Thanks,
 Arvind