tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <>
Subject RE: Resend: SSL portability and Coyote
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:16:20 GMT
>(2) JSSE uses one keyfile (the keystore). PureTLS uses three, the
>keyfile, the CA file, and the random file. I need to add new
>directives to ServerSocketFactory to propagate those.

I couldn't tell you how many questions I've got after releasing
my SSL documentation for tomcat 3.2/3.3.

The recurrent question was about how to create CA/CERTS.

Since mod_ssl for Apache HTTPD server use the same files
organisation/format (PEM) than  PureTLS, and now there is
tools ( to create a complete PKI,
having tomcat using such standard will help people use
tomcat in SSL.

A big +1 so for the PureTLS Cert/Key pem.

I even like to have server cert and key in differents
files (à la mod_ssl), and even use the code from Bojan
'PasswordPrompter' when the key is protected by password....

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message