tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Jk2: scoreboard format and semantics.
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:30:07 GMT

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)

Why not just use native read/write on int/strings ?

Do you think we should share these shared informations with
others apps/modules ?

>To keep things simple, we should start with fixed-size slots.
>
>The shm scoreboard will be updated by:
>- the lb worker ( when it detects that a worker is down )

ok

>- a tomcat process when it starts and auto-register itself ( including
>the case of Apache multi-process where VMs are created with
>each process )

ok, a tomcat started on another boxes, but that we want to add to
the list of known workers will be handled by jk_status/jk_control ?

>- an admin tool ( either C or an ant bean using the jkjni.so lib ) to
>register workers on different machines ( jk_status worker can
>do that too ).

ok, so jk_status became jk_control or jk_admin in that case.
No more just a read-only task ?