tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: Using InstallAnywhere for Tomcat installer
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:04:20 GMT
"Jon Scott Stevens" <> wrote:

> on 4/23/02 2:33 PM, "Remy Maucherat" <> wrote:
>> To get around this, Zero G has
>> offered to donate a license of InstallAnywhere to Tomcat, as well as
>> installer code.
> I have a strong -1 on this unless the licese is granted to ALL Jakarta
> projects.
> It isn't fair to judge one project under Jakarta more worthy of this license
> over other projects.

Hey, what about the XML folks as well? Lots of Java code is developed over
there as well. Frankly I'd reject even a license given only to the ASF.

I would +1 it only if they had a license (with a little nag at startup, like
the one we used to have in Jserv) free for everyone (or open-communities) to

I think that it's extremely foolish to name a server after the current U.S.
President.                                                 B.W. Fitzpatrick

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message