tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apach e2 mod_jk.dsp
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:13:48 GMT

Mind Reading?? this is done already :) not committed but done, mainly
refactoring existing ISAPI code, that does not change in between jk
versions..

> Then remove almost everything from isapi.c - all you need is to
> get ( from registry ? or env ? ) the location of tomcat ( I would
> try both - please note that you probably have it already in
> the tomcat service key - reusing that is the best choice !).

Well one can run tomcat without service, i'm in favor of the alternative
method we have now, that is just another properties file near the
extension DLL, it makes installation much more manageable and easy than
registry.. but im open to evrything..

> I don't think you need 2 dlls. Just one big dll including everything
> should be fine. ( don't forget the jni/ directory ).
>
> 2 files - yes, one with only initialization ( with the major goal
> of finding the conf/ dir ), one for service.
>
> ( unless there's a problem having a dll as both filter and handler )

Well the problem, is that having the Filter and the extesion together,
we can not use the automatic thread handling code that IIS has for
extensions, because the extension code is loaded by the filter that
executes in the main IIs threads, spliting it, you can leave IIS to
manage the service threads for the extension automatically..

> Let me know if you need help - I will try to do some refactoring to
> extract the code dealing with the registry ( into
> common/jk_config_registry ) and let both tomcat and mod_jk2 use it.
> If you want I can do a quick refactoring and put the new stuff
> in - to get it started.

Please do it.. This way i can better use my very limited apache time..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega