tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apach e2 mod_jk.dsp
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 00:39:41 GMT
> BTW, did you got the windows version working ? Can you also
> test the JNI
> channel ? It should be working with 3.3 or 4.0, but not 4.1.

Apache or IIS?

Apache is mostly compiling, but not got time to test it, i'm not very
used to apache, i will need some advice to run the apache thing.. but
AFAIK it should work already..

IIS.., well the differences between jk and jk2 are so high, my first try
was lost in the way to adapt the existing ISAPI code,  next i will try
to use mod_jk2 as base to start, adding IIS things along the way..

BTW: In the process of rewriting isapi_redirector, and based on
conversations we had in the past, i'm toward to refactor the isapi
redirector , splitting it in 2 dlls, this way i think we can gain
scalability with a very little effort, at the cost of a little more
complicated installation, being the installation more than a pain
already, i'm in doubt..

The new installation process, will install some dll as filter and
another as extension, but the overall process will be more or less the
same as is now.. modulo the new config of course.. :)

Comments & advice are very welcomed..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>