tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: .sh extension
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:48:48 GMT
i'm not going to -1 it , as i'm not a *nix user nor administrator, in
any form, but i think is much more clean to have all the files with
extension in the cvs, in sake of the better comprehension of what it's
on CVS, i would not oppose to make the dist target delete the extensions
of shell files if anybody feels this is needed..

But I think that to have an untyped file in CVS is not the better
practice.., we need CVS for clarity and not knowing what a files has
inside without having a look .. doenst seems to me that will add
anything, instead this change will make more obscure the intention of
this files..

you know write once READ everywhere :)

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega