tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: mod_jk2 autoconfig
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:36:03 GMT
costinm@covalent.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I spent a lot of time on this - and I think this is a very good solution.
> Please send feedback - the sooner the better...
>
> I think the current solution of generating configs on tomcat startup,
> or having tomcat send it's config to apache is wrong.
>
> Basically what I would like to propose is similar with what Glen
> implemented in jk1 for apache1.3 ( the webapp/ directory auto-conf )- with
> few enhancements.

Both generating an apache config file on startup and my mod_jk change
which auto mounts context's make the assumption that the Tomcat
webapps directory is available to the web server.  This may not be
the case for instances of Tomcat on a remote system.

It would be best if information about what contexts are configured,
which of the configured contexts are available, and the request URI's
to map to Tomcat was pushed from Tomcat to Apache via the network (channel ?).

There would still be a need for JkAutoAlias for those who want apache
to server static content for a web app which is available via the fs.

Regards,

Glenn