tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.1
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:31:21 GMT
There are a few additional items I would like to see added.

1.  Port my recent mod_jk/apache1.3 new features to mod_jk/Apache2.0
    and to jk2 as costin requested.  This makes those connectors for
    use with Apache more consistent.

2.  Resolve a problem Craig mentioned with Context start/stop/reload
    where not all resources are removed/restarted such as Filters and
    Listeners.

3.  Metrics generated that document real performance improvements in
    Jasper 2 to justify releasing it with Tomcat 4.1.

4.  Implement my recent proposal for jasper 2 so that it recognizes
    changes to dependent compile time included pages and recompiles
    the dependent JSP page.  This is a frequent problem/question
    Tomcat users report.

5.  Go through the bug reports and create a FAQ for frequent problems.
    Include this on the Tomcat site and with the distribution.  I
    have already started work on the framework and some initial FAQ's.

I also think the release schedule is too aggressive.  I would like to
hold off on a beta 1 until May 10, beta 2 May 24, RC 1 June 3.

I am +1 for doing a release and will help.

Regards,

Glenn