tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Nick Bauman" <n...@cortexity.com>
Subject Illustration of Tomcat 4's configuration architecture
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 01:42:26 GMT
To those of you building and working on Tomcat, I have a pictorial view of
Tomcat's configuration design, according to my understanding. Could one of
you take a moment to verify it? Let me know and I will correct it and offer
it to the community in the hopes that it will be useful for documentation
purposes.

A little background: I decided to do this because it was proving to be
rather difficult to get Apache 1.3, Tomcat 4.0.1 and JBoss 2.4.4 running
happily together in a sanely-deployable way. I have been using a commercial
J2EE solution up until now and the only thing that it has over its Open
Source bretheren is documentation.

- /\/

--
Nick Bauman