tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sriram N <sriramx_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Fwd: Request for more events to the LifeCycle Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.1
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:49:19 GMT
Sorry, I hit the "Send" button accidently...

Here's what I wanted to say:

I've not accessed the Tomcat source since 4.0.1, and can't access it from where
I'm working right now.

I've used Tomcat 4 parts within a small server that I've written. I've also
written a UI in Swing that listens to LifeCycle Events.

I have the following questions :
1. Is it possible to have events such as starting, started, stopping, and
stopped instead of the current two : "starting" and "stopping" ?
2. Are there any plans to include these events in future ?
3. Was there ever such an idea and was it voted against for some reason ?

I was unable to access bugzilla, and therefore resorted to posting this request
to the DEV list.

Thanks,

Sriram