tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher K. St. John" <...@distributopia.com>
Subject Re: MinTC, "terrible rudeness", persistence
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:11:19 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> It has been developed separately (by you alone), with
> zero input from the Tomcat community

 Good grief Remy, it _was_ discussed on tomcat-dev, as
a quick search of the archives will show. You're spouting
complete BS here, and I wish you wouldn't.

 You're also obviously confused about what MinTC
is. It's all explained on the web page, and would be
obvious to anybody who had tried to run the code, but
I guess that's a bit much to expect.

 This is partially my fault for originally naming it
"MinimalTomcat". In retrospect, knowing more about the
awful destructive politics on this list, the name choice
was a terrible mistake. MinTC IS NOT a complete-but-minimal
replacement for org.apache.catalina.core, ok?

 If you want to rant about MinTC, I'd appreciate it
if your rants were correct in the details. So go read
the web page, check the archives, take a look at the
code, and _then_ come back and tell me I'm an
anti-community idiot with stupid ideas, ok?

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com