tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher K. St. John" <...@distributopia.com>
Subject Re: Pandora's box / can of worms etc.
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 04:06:20 GMT
Paul Wallace wrote:

> What is MinTC? Where can I get information on it?

 So as not to add flames to the fire, I'm replying privately :-)

 http://www.distributopia.com/

 It's sort of a bizarro world Tomcat. It takes the Catalina
interfaces (Container,Connector,Valve,all the stuff in
the org.apache.catalina package) and reimplements it for use
in embedded (as in embedded-in-your-application, not embedded
in-your-toaster) environments. It's substantially smaller,
but it gets that by having substantially fewer features than
Tomcat 4.

 It's in alpha. And I mean serious, dirt-under-your-fingernails
after-you-compile-it-if-it-even-compiles alpha. But it's a lot
of fun, and you should check it out (it's got an Apache-style
license, Open Source, etc, etc)

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com