tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From g...@stinky.com (Alex Chaffee)
Subject [FAQ] jGuru FAQ Update
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 01:38:00 GMT
jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to alex@jguru.com .

 - Alex

 JGURU LAUNCHES PREMIUM SERVICES!
 For as little as 0.14 a day, you can look at
 naughty pictures on the net...just not at jGuru.
 You can, however, help keep jGuru the best place
 to get Java answers by becoming a premium member!

 Help support jGuru:
 http://www.jguru.com/misc/page.jsp?fsm=premiumreg&node=blurb&src=email

Hi.  You asked to be notified weekly when certain jGuru.com items get new entries.

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

I have a Jsp page that accepts some parameters from the user. Now if the user clicks on the
Submit button in rapid succession, multiple entries are inserted in DB, though I am checking
for duplicate entries.

This works fine if the user enters the same data after some time. It gives appropriate message
saying "Duplicate record".
Please use html tags to format code blocks.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=820070

I'm a bit confused with the term bean in JSP eg. the tag &lt;jsp:useBean ... &gt;
>From what I understand, the term bean used here is referring to a simple java object.
When I look through the JavaBean resources, their definition of bean seemed a bit different.
Any comment ?
Thank u ...
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=820069

Need some assistance on this one.  I am very new to managing a java environment and a production
application appears to be having a major memory leak.  Am currently using JDK 1.3 on a Sun
box running Sol 2.6, with 2GB of RAm, and using Orion 1.5.1.  I have -Xmx set to 756MB.  When
Orion is started the heap immediately grabs 512MB, then over the next 6 - 8 hours the heap
slowly consumes all but 30 or so MB of RAM on the box, totally disregarding the -Xmx setting.
 Additionally, if we run a bootstrap of our a client during this time memory consumption is
accelerated drastically.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=820066

Can any one post a - code snippet - which can create a .txt file on the application server
- using the text from a "textArea" on a  JSP page.
(Basically the user types some text on the JSP on a client and the text should be saved to
a txt-file on ap-server.)
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=820007

What is the easiest way to convert the output of a JSP to PDF?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=820005

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp