tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Punky Tse" <punky...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Building mod_jk2 for Win32
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 04:29:50 GMT

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:
>
> > I've defined HAVE_UNIXSOCKETS, and i'm making the ifdefs with that it
> > seems to me a little better, i think that not having unix sockets ( at
> > least with that name :) maybe is more common than only win32?..
>
> That's fine. The goal is to be able to use the best transport on each
> platform - doors is one possibility and it works only on solaris ( and a
> bit on linux ). You can exclude channel_apr_socket completely on windows,
>  for socket you can use the old channel_socket.

But what is the underlying implementation of channel_apr_socket and the old
channel_socket under win32?  And what is the status of APR supporting unix
domain socket?

> > > I'm trying to build the thing with MSVC so I can start porting the IIS
> >
> > Same here, just now i've built apr standalone, and i'm in the process of
> > fixing build.xml for the win32 things.. to be able to build, mod_jk2
> > from ant, may be mod_jk2 will be the first apache project being dsp
> > files free :))..
>
> :-)

Good.  I don't have VC. Only cygwin.  Will this work?

> > > connector, it seems there are problems with the JK_METHOD and static,
> > > plus some other minor things to be resolved.
> >
> > I will devote some time later today for this, yesterday i've stopped at
> > the very same point, with errors about function pointers assignment, it
> > looks like what you are speaking about..
> >
> > > If you can solve this - it will simplify my life too :-)
> > >

> > Same here :)) but i can understand you, i'm a win32 everyday user, and
> > i'm used to that OS ( may be someone here call it crap instead OS :))),
>
> No OS is perfect :-)

And most commercial companies work in their ways, making no standard to the
OS.  And it becomes our work to fix it, providing single API for most
platforms (mozilla, apache, etc).

> I'll wait for your commits - the only thing I would really like to try
> to do with the IIS connector is refactor the registry access code into
> common/jk_config_registry.c.  Just to see if the interface is good and
> can support non-file based config storage.
>
> > and i have all the neccesary things to work in that, i'll be glad of
> > help the win32 part of mod_jk2, and the port ISAPI plugin from jk to
> > jk2..
>
> Same here. Since I'm not a windows user I'll wait for your code. Let me
> know how I can help.
>

> Costin

Punky