tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using InstallAnywhere for Tomcat installer
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:11:20 GMT
> Don't want to do the OSS passionaria but we should try
> to use only OSS tools on Apache.
>
> NSIS is OSS so keep.

Sure, no problem.

The licensing terms seems ok to me, so I wanted to see if the community was
ok about it (apparently not).

So even if this installer is provided in addition to other OSS based
installers, it's not ok ? Since when is this project refusing contributions
from companies, BTW ? There's no explicit endorsement required, and no
blinking ZeroG ad we'll have to put anywhere. They'll also provide the
installer script.

Note: Did you notice what the httpd project was using for its installers
(http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/apache_2.0.35-win32-x86-no_
ssl.msi) ? Doesn't seem OSS to me ...

Remy