tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Daemon Thread Problem in J-T-C
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:20:49 GMT
> With the latest and greated J-T-C code, the HEAD branch of Tomcat 4
> doesn't shut down cleanly.  Usually, this implies that somebody forgot to
> mark their threads as daemon threads (or otherwise clean them up at
> shutdown time).
>
> Indeed, a thread dump after the shutdown command is executed shows a bunch
> of active threads, including those suspended by a wait() at:

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$MonitorRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
a:407)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$MonitorRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
a:495)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$MonitorRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
a:495)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$MonitorRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
a:495)

> Could someone working on the thread pool code please take a look at this?

These days, I was always shutting down Tomcat using the shutdown hook,
instead of the shutdown script, so I didn't notice it. It appears to be
working now.

Remy