tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Junghans" <Andreas.Jungh...@fh-karlsruhe.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets DefaultServlet.java
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:13:53 GMT
Hi Bill,

> billbarker    02/04/16 22:49:59
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core
>                         ApplicationHttpRequest.java
>                catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets
>                         DefaultServlet.java
>   Log:
>   Attempt to port the 3.3.x logic to 4.x.
>
>   This fixes the examples in bug #8092.  I don't know what else it breaks
(so I'm not porting to the 4.0 branch).  I think that this is OK, but feel
free to -1 if I'm breaking something that I shouldn't be.

thanks for the fix, it seems to correct all issues I encountered :-). Your
solution is much more elegant (and less intrusive) than what I proposed. I
never thought of just swallowing the servlet_path attribute when doing a
forward, but it doesn't seem to violate the spec or create any obvious
problems.

Many thanks again,

  Andreas